Employee Benefits Disputes
Emily represents commercial clients, benefit plans and plan fiduciaries, third-party administrators, and insurance companies in disputes and litigation involving:
- Denials of benefits, including life, health, disability and pension benefits
- Provider disputes and network agreements
- Prohibited transactions
- Breaches of fiduciary duty and co-fiduciary liability
- Employee pension and welfare plans
- Multiemployer pension and welfare plans, including withdrawal liability
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Discovery disputes
- Claims for attorneys’ fees under ERISA
Employee Benefits Advice
Emily advises clients on benefit claim administration, plan administration and plan design.
Emily represents a wide range of commercial clients in breach of contract, tort and trade secrets disputes, including class actions. She has extensive experience navigating discovery disputes in federal court, including disputes involving fee-shifting and other discovery sanctions. Emily also regularly counsels clients regarding nonparty discovery obligations and enforcement mechanisms.
Emily regularly appears in federal and state appellate courts to advocate for clients on appeal.
Before joining the firm, Emily served as a law clerk for the Honorable Kenneth F. Ripple of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.