Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership | This website contains attorney advertising.
August 2022

CoverCress Creates Successful Exit for Investors With Sale to Bayer

United States - Missouri

Faegre Drinker provided counsel to CoverCress as they entered a shareholders’ agreement where Bayer acquired a 65% ownership stake. The other 35% is owned by Bunge and Chevron.

CoverCress developed an oilseed cash crop through the selective breeding and gene editing of pennycress, creating a carbon sequestering product that can be planted between corn and soybean rotations as it produces livestock feed and renewable diesel.

The transaction provides a successful exit for the angel, venture capital and economic development investors of CoverCress.

Related Legal Services

Related Industries

The Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP website uses cookies to make your browsing experience as useful as possible. In order to have the full site experience, keep cookies enabled on your web browser. By browsing our site with cookies enabled, you are agreeing to their use. Review Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP's cookies information for more details.