John advises public companies, middle-market companies and private equity firms on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged recapitalizations, private placements and joint ventures. He engages with clients to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, and tailors his advice accordingly. John’s broad experience and management of the deal team enable the efficient and timely execution of the transaction process.
- Graham Partners and its portfolio companies in multiple mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, dispositions and financing transactions
- Graham Packaging Company in its $1 billion recapitalization with The Blackstone Group
- Ansell Healthcare Products in its $615 million acquisition of BarrierSafe Solutions and several other acquisition and investment transactions
- Philadelphia Media Network (owner of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News and philly.com) in the sale of its Broad Street Publishing division and the subsequent sale of PMN to Interstate General Media
- Quaker City Motor Parts Co. in its $368 million sale to Genuine Parts Company
- Kulicke & Soffa Industries in the $155 million sale of its wire business to W.C. Heraeus GmbH
- Vela Pharmaceuticals in its $48 million merger with Pharmos Corporation
- Targent in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Spectrum Pharmaceuticals
John is an accomplished golfer and a wine enthusiast, as well as a master magician.