David is a lecturer of Advanced Legal Writing at UC Berkeley School of Law and a senior research fellow at the California Constitution Center, a nonpartisan academic research center dedicated to the study of the state’s constitution and high court. His scholarly work has been published in the Los Angeles Daily Journal, The Recorder, blog posts, and law review articles.
David previously served as an extern for Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye of the California Supreme Court and a law clerk in the Major Crimes Division of the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, where he assisted prosecutors in the Robert Durst murder trial.
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
J.D. Berkeley Journal of Criminal Law, Programming Editor (2019)
University of California, Davis
B.A. summa cum laude (2015)
Insights & Events
Firm Blog Contributions
- Spotlight on Benefits – a blog offering practical insight on legal developments which impact benefit plans
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020, 2022
- American Jurisprudence Award for Video Game Law, 2019
- American Jurisprudence Award for Forensic Evidence, 2018
- Veloyce Glenn Winslow Junior Award, 2016
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.