As employees, business leaders and travelers begin to adapt to the U.K.’s post-Brexit immigration system, a strong grasp of the most commonly used visa categories — including new visas established as a result of Brexit — is essential. In this entry of the U.K. Immigration Video Series, Trainee Solicitor Barbora Cechova provides an overview of the U.K.’s EU settlement scheme, the visa for EU, European Economic Area or Swiss nationals who wish to continue living in the U.K. after June 30, 2021.
In the video, Barbora answers the following questions:
For whom is the EU settlement scheme suitable?
- What are the main requirements that must be met to apply for the EU settlement scheme?
- How long does it take to apply for and obtain a visa under the EU settlement scheme?
- What are the main fees (as of January 2021) that need to be paid in connection with the EU settlement scheme?
- What is the validity period for the EU settlement scheme?
- What happens after the visa is granted?
- Can a person switch to the EU settlement scheme in the U.K.?
- Can a visa holder’s partner and children apply to join them in the U.K. as dependents?