Christine Kain is presenting “Overcoming the Trials and Tribulations of Plaintiff Census Forms and Registries: What’s Working, What’s Not, and How Proposed MDL Rule Changes May Improve the System” at the 2022 Drug & Medical Device Litigation Conference in New York City. The panel discussion will include:
- How has the use of plaintiff census forms and registries been playing out in recent prominent MDLs?
- How is the data in these forms impacting judicial decisions and future proceedings?
- Assessing the pros and cons of these census registries: Are they actually working as intended?
- Addressing collateral issues: How are these census registries impacting the tolling of statutes of limitations?
- Devising defense strategies to effectively move cases off census registries
- Examining recent proposed MDL rule changes that aim to improve early vetting of claims
- What will the new rules require for early proofs of product use and injury, and how might this impact the efficiency of plaintiff registries?