Partner Keith Radtke is giving a CLE webinar on “Structuring a Stock Acquisition: Due Diligence, Key Deal Terms, Shareholder Consent, and Other Hurdles” on June 3, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. (ET) / 2:00 p.m. (CT).
Keith joins a panel examining the structuring of acquisitions from both the buyer’s and the target’s perspectives, as well as the advantages of acquiring stock versus acquiring assets. Keith discusses the issues counsel should consider in documenting and designing an acquisition’s structure, including:
- What are the risks to consider in a stock acquisition as opposed to an asset acquisition?
- Under what circumstances could or should a buyer proceed if unable to acquire all of a target’s stock?
- How to take care not to trigger disclosure obligations under Regulation FD?
- How should issues uncovered in the due-diligence process be addressed in the stock purchase agreement?
- What are the tax law and securities law considerations for counsel when structuring stock acquisitions?
- What are the most heavily negotiated provisions in a stock purchase agreement, and what is considered “market” for those provisions?
View all upcoming webinars on Strafford's website.