Jessica Loesing and Eric Au discussed the potential legal pitfalls of social media, as well as how to counsel your corporate client on best practices regarding social media use.
Highlights from the session included:
- The intersection of the Rules of Professional Conduct and social media use.
- The responsibilities of an in-house attorney to advise corporate clients on appropriate social media use.
- Examples of attorneys misusing social media to their clients’ and their own detriment.
- Dos and Don’ts for managing employee social media use.
- Case studies of employees who misused social media and caused problems for their employers.