Florham Park partner Lynne Anderson presented at a CLE program for the New Jersey State Bar Association on November 12, 2018, titled “Ethical Cliffhangers for Civil Trial Attorneys.”
The presentation provided insight on how to handle the ethical problems often confronted by civil litigators, including issues involving multiparty representation, gathering of evidence, trial and trial preparation, use of social media and attorneys’ fees.
Other ethical issues that were discussed during the program included:
- Online attorney advertising
- Contacting a defendant’s former employees and other trial witnesses
- Ethical obligations in discovery
- Appropriate use of social media, including for jury selection
- Issues raised by the intersection of technology and the practice of law
- Use of armchair experts and expert reports
- Dealing with difficult adversaries
Learn more about the program.