Our alumni have forged diverse career paths and taken on interesting new adventures and personal challenges. They are thought leaders, industry experts, advisers, mentors, advocates, business executives, elected and appointed officials, and trusted professionals.
We are so proud of the contributions our alumni continue to make to the legal and business communities, grateful for the time they spent with the firm, and honored that so many have stayed in touch with the firm and each other.
Here are the latest news and moves from our alumni community over the past few months.
- Susan Waltman (associate; Philadelphia) was honored on November 17 at the University of Georgia's Tucker Dorsey Blue Key Alumni Awards Banquet. Susan received the Blue Key Service Award.
- Zarema Gunnels (Intellectual Property associate: Washington, D.C.) joined The Marbury Law Group in November.
- Chris Anderson (Health Care associate; Chicago) joined Jones Day as a Partner in November.
- Mark Villanueva (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) was elected to the Moorestown Board of Education on November 7, 2017.
- Matt Lepore (Litigation associate; Florham Park) ran in the New York Marathon on November 5, 2017.
- Jennifer Kissiah Hunt (Real Estate associate; Philadelphia) gave birth to a baby girl on November 1, 2017.
- Jennifer Mohammed (Litigation associate; Princeton) will be presenting at the Princeton Bar Association CLE Luncheon on November 29 on the topic of “Ethics in Professionalism: How to Cultivate Greater Prosperity in your Practice (by Giving Back).” Jennifer is the current President of the Princeton Bar Association.
- Emily McCoy (nee Mirsky) (Litigation associate; Philadelphia), an attorney in the Appellate Unit of the Defender Association of Philadelphia, argued and won Commonwealth v. Leon Mills, 162 A.3d 323 (Pa. 2017) in the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, which dismissed the appellant's case for a violation of the speedy trial rule after interpreting Rule 600(a) of the Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure to hold that time attributable to the normal progression of a case to trial is not “delay” for purposes of Rule 600, and therefore such time is included in the 365 days in which to bring a defendant to trial.
- Charles Wampold (Private Client of counsel; Princeton) was invited by the Archives of Sexual Behavior to publish a Commentary on a new major study about fraternal birth order and sexual orientation.
- Michael Staab (Health Care partner; Chicago) was named a recipient of the 2017 Achievement Award from Fort Hays State University, his college alma mater. This is the university’s highest recognition of its graduates.
- Erin Will Morton (Government and Regulatory Affairs Senior Government Relations Manager) joined Cavarocchi Ruscio Dennis Associates, LLC in October as Senior Vice President.
- Mary Beth Wong (Corporate and Securities associate; Philadelphia) is joining the Hawaii State Federal Credit Union in Honolulu, Hawaii in November 2017.
- Emily Broach (Litigation associate; New York) welcomed her second son, William, into the world in October 2017. Big brother Charlie couldn’t wait to meet him.
- Bridget Kevin-Myers (Health Care associate; Chicago) is now Director of Business Administration and Professional Development Programs and an Assistant Teaching Professor at Trulaske College of Business at the University of Missouri.
- Stan Kuruvilla (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) joined SPACES as Special Advisor working with emerging growth companies in October 2017. Stan will be moving to India for a few months starting in January 2018.
- Katrina Veldkamp (Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation associate; Los Angeles) joined Boutwell Fay LLP in October 2017.
- Lisa Chavez (Health Care associate; Chicago) joined Wells Fargo as Head of Customer Tax Information Reporting Risk in October 2017.
- Amy Pizzutilo Schuh (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) joined Cognizant as Senior Vice President, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer in October 2017.
- Amy Walker (Government and Regulatory Affairs legislative associate) was promoted to Manager, Infectious Diseases Policy at Biotechnology Innovation Organization.
- Jim Love (IMG associate; Philadelphia) became Compliance Director at USAA in October 2017.
- Collen Lynch (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) welcomed her third baby boy into the world in September 2017.
- Jennifer Oberhausen (Government & Regulatory Affairs associate; Washington, D.C.) became Director, Regulatory Affairs at CTIA in September 2017.
- Liisa M. Thomas (Litigation associate; Chicago) joined the Chicago office of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP as Co-leader of the firm’s Privacy and Cybersecurity practice in September 2017.
- Peter Meltzer (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) released his fourth book, “So You Think You Know Rock and Roll: An In-Depth Q&A Guide to the Revolutionary Decade 1965-1975.”
- Daniel McDevitt (Litigation partner; Chicago) was named General Counsel of GenOn Energy in September 2017.
- Meghan-Cherner Ranft (Labor and Employment associate; Philadelphia) joined Facebook as Associate General Counsel, Labor and Employment Law in September 2017.
- Ngozi Okorafor (Litigation associate; Chicago) was named Policy Advisor to Governor Bruce Rauner in September 2017.
- Bill McGivney (Litigation associate; Florham Park) began a four-year term as a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court’s District XB (Western Morris County) Ethics Committee in September 2017.
- Douglas Bonner (Government and Regulatory Affairs partner; Washington, D.C.) joined Potomac Law Group PLLC.
- Martin Lybecker (Investment Management partner; Washington, D.C.) passed away on September 2, 2017 as a result of complications from a fall he sustained while in South Carolina.
- Alan M. Di Sciullo (Commercial Litigation associate; Florham Park) was nominated as Real Property Division Vice Chair for the American Bar Association’s Real Property, Trust and Estates Section, one of the largest sections in the ABA with over 22,000 members. Alan was also a moderator and speaker on a PLI call-in panel on “Hurricanes Harvey and Irma: Leasing and Insurance Guidance for Restoring Order After the Wind, Rain and Floods Have Gone” in September. Panelists were from Houston, Miami, New Orleans and New York speaking about the issues arising from the recent storms and casualties in their respective jurisdictions.
- Kristy Littman (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) was named to the executive staff of SEC Chairman Jay Clayton on August 31, 2017.
- Mark Costley (IMG associate; Washington, D.C.) joined Savant Capital Management as a financial advisor.
Have you recently changed jobs, been promoted or been honored with an award? Maybe you published a book or other work of authorship, got married or had a child or grandchild?
Share your accomplishments and any professional or personal news with your alumni community by emailing Abby.Raanan@faegredrinker.com. Send us your photos too, or tell us about another alumnus who might have an update to share so that we can contact them.