Jeff represents companies and investment banks in connection with over $3 billion in securities offerings, including IPOs, secondary offerings, registered direct offerings, Rule 144A offerings and foreign offerings.
Jeff also counsels public companies in ongoing private transactions, issuer tender offers and stock repurchases.
Mergers and AcquisitionsJeff represents buyers and sellers in public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. He also represents investment banks in their role as financial advisor in M&A transactions, including with deal structuring, engagement letters and fairness opinions.
Corporate Governance and CounselingJeff regularly counsels public and private companies regarding corporate governance matters, contract preparation and negotiation, and ongoing strategic, transactional and regulatory matters. Jeff works with public companies and is a thought leader regarding issues related to SEC reporting, resales of restricted securities and equity compensation.
Private Placements & Other Financing TransactionsJeff represents issuers, placement agents and investors in private placements of debt and equity securities, including in connection with PIPEs and venture capital rounds. He also represents operating companies in connection with strategic investments.
As an officer in the JAG Corps of the U.S. Army Reserve, Jeff deployed to Iraq as part of Operation New Dawn. He currently serves as Chief, Operational and National Security Law for U.S. Army North (Fifth Army) in the U.S. Army Reserve.
Jeff enjoys CrossFit, literary novels, and watching his daughter figure skate and his son play tennis.
Services & Industries
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
University of Michigan Law School
Miami University (Ohio)
B.A. cum laude (1991)
Insights & Events
- Virtual Roundtable: The Critical Role of Directors in the M&A Process
National Association of Corporate Directors, February 9, 2021 – Denver, CO
- The Practitioner's Guide to Colorado Business Associations
Chapter author, Updated annually through 2018
- Navigating the 2018 Annual Report and Proxy Season
Faegre Baker Daniels seminar, 2018
- Energy Connections, Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Programs: Moving Into Main Street
Colorado Cleantech Industry Association and Colorado Energy Coalition, 2016
- Key Issues Facing Boards of Directors: New SEC Enforcement Initiatives & Corporate Governance Risks
The Directors Roundtable Institute and University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2016
- What Your Public Company May Be Doing to Attract the Attention of Private Securities Lawyers and the SEC
Colorado Bar Association Securities Subsection, 2016
- A Conversation With the SEC Division of Corporate Finance
47th Annual Rocky Mountain Securities Conference, 2015
- A Legal and Regulation FD Update for Investment Relations Professionals
National Investor Relations Institute, 2015
- The M&A Lifecycle: Key IP Considerations
13th Annual Rocky Mountain Intellectual Property & Technology Institute, 2015
- Director Independence Issues for Public Companies
Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, 2013
- Developments in Securities Law and Crowdfunding
Faegre Baker Daniels Seminar, 2013
- Navigating the 2013 Annual Report and Proxy Season
Faegre Baker Daniels seminar, 2013
Leadership & Community
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals: Rocky Mountain Chapter — Vice President, Programs
- Association for Corporate Growth — Ambassador
- Colorado Cleantech Industry Association — Board of Directors
- Colorado Cleantech Open — Legal Advisor
- Colorado Bar Association — Business and Securities Sections (Securities Subsection, Co-Chair, 2007-09)
- Denver Bar Association
- Federalist Society — Corporations Group
- Project Homeless Connect Denver
- Homeless Veterans Stand Down
- Social Ventures Partner, Denver — Founding Partner
- Deputy Co-leader, Corporate Group, 2023-present
- Best Lawyers® — Corporate Law, 2013-23; Securities/Capital Markets Law 2013-23 (Lawyer of the Year - 2023)
- Law Week Colorado — Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- Super Lawyers — Mergers & Acquisitions, 2010-13
- The Best Lawyers in America — Corporate Law and Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2014
- Legal 500 — Mergers & Acquisitions, 2009
- Denver Business Journal — Forty Under 40, 2007
- Association for Corporate Growth — ACG Leadership 20, 2009