A seasoned litigator, Tim defends insurance companies in high-stakes coverage and extra-contractual disputes in state and federal courts across the country, involving life, long-term care, annuity and property and casualty policies. He has successfully resolved numerous complex cases, winning jury trials, dispositive pretrial motions, arbitrations and appeals and securing favorable settlements.
Tim also advises insurer and broker clients on regulatory issues and compliance and regularly speaks to organizations across the country on topics including cost of insurance, structured settlements, the secondary life insurance market, unclaimed property and insurer insolvency issues.
- Excel Pharmacy Services, LLC v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, et al., 825 Fed.Appx. 65 (3d Cir. 2020)
- Wishnev v. Northwestern Mut. Life Ins. Co., 8 Cal.5th 199, 451 P.3d 777, 254 Cal.Rptr.3d 638 (2019)
- Dickman v. Banner Life Ins. Co., 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 161545, 2017 WL 4342064 (D. Md. Sept. 28, 2017)
- Bala City Line, LLC v. Ohio Security Ins. Co., 2017 WL 3443218 (E.D. Pa. Aug. 9, 2017)
- Dickman v. Banner Life Ins. Co., 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 176364, 2016 WL 7383869 (D. Md. Dec. 21, 2016)
- Dietz & Watson, Inc. v. Liberty Mut. Ins. Co., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 58827, 2015 WL 2069280 (E.D. Pa. May 5, 2015)
- Dietz & Watson, Inc. v. Liberty Mut. Ins. Co., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9815, 2015 WL 356949 (E.D. Pa. Jan. 28, 2015)
- Banner Life Ins. Co. v. Lukacin, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 134675, 2014 WL 4724902 (D.N.J. Sept. 22, 2014)
- Banner Life Ins. Co. v. U.S. Bank, NA, 931 F. Supp. 2d 629 (D. Del. 2013)
- In Re Surmanek, 2011 WL 4021314 (Va.Cir.Ct. May 18, 2011)
- Odyssey Waste Servs., LLC v. BFI Waste Sys. of N. Am., Inc., 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 13530, 2007 WL 674594 (E.D.Pa. Feb. 27, 2007)
- Singer Asset Finance Co., LLC v. Continental Cas. Co., 886 So.2d 1004 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 5th Dist. 2004)