Until 2020, Gina served as Faegre Baker Daniels’ chief operating partner as well as a member of the firm’s management board and executive committee. Gina helped guide Faegre Baker Daniels through its combination with Drinker Biddle & Reath. She previously led the firm’s health care group. In her legal practice, Gina helps health care and nonprofit organizations navigate regulatory complexity and manage legal risk. She takes a pragmatic, business-focused approach to client counseling and advising.
Health Care and Exempt Organizations Expertise
In the health care space, Gina advises on:
- Health information privacy and security.
- Compliance with fraud and abuse prevention laws.
- Compliance with facility and individual practitioner licensure requirements.
- Internal investigations and actions brought by the Office of Inspector General, Department of Justice, Office of Civil Rights and Minnesota Attorney General.
Gina counsels exempt organizations on:
- Maintaining tax-exempt status, complying with the private foundation excise tax rules and avoiding excess benefit transactions.
- Charitable solicitation laws.
- Corporate transactions, including the formation of for-profit and nonprofit subsidiaries.
- Corporate governance, fiduciary duties, executive compensation and managing conflicts of interest.
- Administration of endowment funds and other restricted gifts