Laura advises clients on sophisticated restructurings, including those in connection with:
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Out-of-court restructurings
- Distressed investment opportunities
- Section 363 sales
- UCC Article 9 sales
- Consensual foreclosures
- Event-driven acquisitions
Laura has experience representing clients in many industries, including the agriculture, chemical, financial services, health care, mining, nonprofits, renewable energy/environmental, retail, senior living facilities and transportation industries. In addition, Laura counsels clients with respect to issues surrounding municipal distress and insolvency.
- Represented indenture trustee in restructuring of U.S. debt issued by Brazilian company, resulting in creation of $350 million cross-border liquidating trust.
- Represented ad hoc bondholder group in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding and restructuring of life settlement company, resulting in restructuring and redomiciling of company.
- Represented ad hoc bondholder group in connection with Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding and restructuring of U.S.-based energy company.
- Represented indenture trustee in connection with Chilean restructuring proceeding and Chapter 15 bankruptcy involving Chilean casino company.
- Represented secured lender and debtor-in-possession financier in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding and acquisition of a coal company.
- Represented securities industry association in drafting and filing amicus briefs with the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit in relation to Title III proceedings of Puerto Rico and its instrumentalities.
- Represented ad hoc bondholder group in connection with Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceeding involving an iron-ore mining operation.
- Represented indenture trustee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding involving a nonprofit entity leading to the restructuring and reissuance of underlying conduit bond financing.
- Represented a bondholder in the restructuring of a bond transaction through a conduit issuer involving a nonprofit entity.
- Represented purchasers of senior living facilities in Section 363 auction processes.
- Represented a potential purchaser in a Section 363 auction involving a global chemical company that was a debtor in a Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Represented financial institutions and indenture trustees in complex Chapter 11 proceedings, including with respect to appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Laura served a clerkship with the Honorable Victor J. Wolski of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. Prior to attending law school, she was a legislative assistant and director of correspondence for U.S. Senator Peter G. Fitzgerald (Ret.).