Join us for a virtual program presented by Faegre Drinker’s Colorado Diversity Collective, including three one-hour panels exploring a range of topics:
- Choose Your Path: A Primer on Alternative Dispute Resolution Options — Mediation, arbitration, and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) can be powerful tools for resolving disputes. This panel of Faegre Drinker attorneys and in-house counsel will introduce participants to the mechanics, costs, and benefits of various types of ADR, including mediation and arbitration. They will delve into the application of ethics rules to settlement negotiations, mediator and arbitrator obligations, the confidentiality of ADR proceedings, and other facets of ADR. The panel will also discuss strategies for succeeding at ADR and avoiding more costly and time-consuming litigation proceedings.
- The Art of Managing a Deal (Matter): Practice Tips You Can’t Afford to Ignore — Effective note-taking, deadline tracking and other methods of practice support are key to managing a matter or deal. Our panel of outside and in-house counsel will discuss the wide variety of issues regarding deal management that lawyers may face to deliver on clients’ expectations of efficiency and consistency. Panelists will also discuss the business aspects of a deal, balancing business considerations with legal requirements, and how to foster good lines of communication to set and exceed clients’ goals.
- Diversity in Recruitment and Retention — Diversity directly results in happier employees and higher retention rates. During this presentation, participants will learn how to foster the needed culture and infrastructure to recruit and retain diverse talent, and how to develop actionable retention strategies. Gaining a clear understanding of the nuances of diversity and inclusion can assist in addressing common misconceptions, and guide the promotion of such initiatives with a top-down approach, including:
- The importance of advocates and an inclusive platform for diverse attorneys to succeed.
- How to cultivate and harness the benefits of diversity of vision, thought and perspective.
- Strategies for investing in active and engaged sponsorships and mentorships, including annual reviews and promotions.
8:00 – 11:30 a.m. PT
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. MT
10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. CT
11:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. ET
- Emily A. Bayton — Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Desmonne Alana Bennett — Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Nicole Brakstad — Counsel, Mortenson
- Mechelle Y. Faulk — Counsel, Faegre Drinker
- Mary E. Hershewe — Associate, Faegre Drinker
- Maria L. H. Lewis — Chief Diversity Officer, Faegre Drinker
- Roshni Patel — Senior IP Counsel, PACCAR Inc.
- Tiana Patterson — Public Partnerships & Legal Director, Elevation Community Land Trust
- Timothy B. Scull — Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Sharena Smith — Associate, Faegre Drinker
Questions? Please contact Pamela Lashbrook or call +1 215 988 2483.
Continuing Education Credit
This program has been approved only for the following continuing legal education credits:
- Arizona: 3 hours General credit, including 1 hour Ethics.
- California: 3 hours General credit, including 1 hour Elimination of Bias.
- Colorado: 3 hours General credit, including 1 hour Ethics/Diversity Inclusion.
- Florida: 3.5 hours General credit, including 1 hour Elimination of Bias.
- Missouri: 3.6 hours General credit, including 1.2 hours Elimination of Bias.
- New Jersey: 3.5 hours General credit, including 1 hour Ethics.
- New York: 1 hour of Diversity Inclusion/Elimination of Bias and 2 hours of Professional Practice credit.
- Texas: 3 hours General credit, including 1 hour Ethics.
An application for approval of this course has been submitted and is pending in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Montana, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.