Zoë defends privacy and other consumer class actions involving state and federal consumer protection laws, such as the Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CLRA), Unfair Competition Law (UCL), False Advertising Law (FAL), California Gift Card Law, California Invasion of Privacy Act (CIPA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA), and the Federal Wiretap Act. Zoë is well-versed in class action procedural issues and works with her clients to develop litigation strategies that incorporate their unique business concerns.
Zoë also defends clients in cases involving accounting and valuation issues, including appraisal, corporate governance, and merger and acquisition litigation. She enjoys spreadsheets and leverages complex facts in her advocacy.
- Defending multiple class actions involving alleged privacy violations through website use of the Meta Pixel
- Obtained voluntary dismissal without payment in two separate class actions regarding session replay software.
- Successfully defended telecommunications company in a Telephone Consumer Protection Act class action.
- Successfully defended car manufacturer in a class action asserting violations of the California Invasion of Privacy Act.
- Obtained advantageous class-wide settlement of California Invasion of Privacy Act claims in one of two competing class actions and successfully defended settlement from proposed intervenors.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of pharmaceutical company in an age discrimination case after successfully removing the case to federal court on the basis of fraudulent joinder.
Zoë lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two boys and spends many of her non-working hours attending youth sporting events and researching California native plants.