Nicole has defeated class certification involving false advertising claims for an international restaurant chain, a snack food manufacturer, a national cosmetic company and a company providing crowd-sourced reviews about businesses. She also has obtained early dismissals at the pleading stage for many clients, including restaurant chains and an NBA team. In addition, Nicole has negotiated favorable settlements for a large car dealership and an online pharmacy.
- Defeated certification in putative class action asserting unfair competition law and unjust enrichment claims, Consumer Legal Remedies Act restitution, and injunctive relief claims related to slack-fill claims against snack food manufacturer.
- Defeated certification in putative class action alleging a restaurant chain’s menu descriptions for sushi rolls containing imitation crab were false and misleading.
- Obtained partial denial of class certification in false advertising and breach of warranty class action alleging retailer’s private label electric chainsaws were defective.
- Defeated class certification in putative class action alleging TCPA violations by a company providing crowd-sourced reviews about businesses.
- Obtained summary judgment in San Diego Superior Court for claims brought under California’s Health Studio Services Contract Law against a national fitness club.
- Obtained dismissal of putative class action alleging violation of TCPA by BBQ restaurant chain.
- Negotiated very favorable class settlements for a large car dealership, life insurance company and an online pharmacy.
- Negotiated cost-effective and reasonable settlements in dozens of suits threatened under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act.
- Successfully litigated class action claims concerning flavoring ingredients in dairy products, resulting in individual settlement.
UCLA Law — Lecturer, “Class Actions in Practice,” Fall 2022