Puerto Rico Executive and Legislative Orders
- 5/21/2020, Governor of Puerto Rico announces lockdown will continue through June 15, 2020 with 7 pm curfew; most businesses allowed to reopen (with restrictions) starting on May 26 after submitting preparedness plans to PROSHA
- 5/1/2020: Puerto Rico Labor Department issues Circular Letter requiring all employers self-certify workplace plans to control spread of COVID-19.
- 5/1/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Executive Order 2020-038, announces lockdown will continue through May 25, 2020; new executive order will include a plan to gradually reopen businesses.
- 4/30/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico announces lockdown will continue through May 25, 2020; new executive order will include a plan to gradually reopen businesses
- 4/14/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico revises 4/12/2020 order to reestablish 7 p.m. curfew
- 4/12/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico extends shelter in place and non essential businesses to remain closed through May 3, 2020
- 4/7/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico orders all businesses (with few exceptions) to remain closed from April 10-12, 2020
- 3/30/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Order No. 2020-30, Mandating 14-day quarantine of all passengers arriving at PR’s International Airport until further notice
- 3/30/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Order No. 2020-29, Extending measures taken to control spread of COVID-19, including shelter-in-place order and closure of all non-essential businesses through April 12, 2020
- 3/27/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Order No. 2020-28, Activating National Guard in response to COVID-19 emergency
- 3/23/2020: Secretary of the Department of Labor, Opinion of the Secretary regarding private sector exempt and non-exempt employees during government-mandated curfew and new federal pay leaves
- 3/23/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Governor’s message concerning economic measures approved in response to the COVID-19 crisis including the suspension of sales taxes for three months and special bonuses for nurses, police, firemen and others
- 3/19/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Governor announces medical task force team in response to COVID-19 situation
- 3/19/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Governor announces food items will be exempt from sales tax (“IVU”) through April 19, 2020
- 3/17/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Governor warns businesses that violate EO-23 will have their business and alcohol licenses suspended
- 3/15/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Executive Order 23, orders state-wide curfew (between 9 pm and 5 am), orders a 14-day quarantine to all people infected or with a suspected infection, closes all non-essential businesses, through March 30, 2020
- 3/13/2020: Secretary of the Department of Labor, Opinion of the Secretary regarding legal and other measures applicable to labor-management relationships in response to the COVID-19 emergency
- 3/12/2020: Governor of Puerto Rico, Governor declares State of Emergency, and orders the cancellation of all events that involve gathering of people through March 31, 2020
City of San Juan
- 3/12/2020: Mayor, Executive Order declaring a state of emergency due to the COVID-19 outbreak authorizing the acquisition of equipment and services
- 3/10/2020: Mayor, Executive Order declaring a state of urgency due to the COVID-19 outbreak authorizing the acquisition of essential equipment and services
Faegre Drinker’s COVID-19 Task Force maintains up-to-date internal resources which track federal, state and local court openings and operations, as well as coronavirus-related judicial opinions. If you have any questions regarding these internal resources or the following judicial information, please contact Stephanie Gutwein.