With the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) looking imminent, Faegre Baker Daniels and Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting have created a one-page resource identifying and assessing the six leading replacement plans making the rounds within the GOP. The chart provides a high-level comparative analysis of all six plans and highlights each plan's treatment of various regulatory stipulations...
The chart evaluates the following plans:
- Empowering Patients First Act – Bill presented by Rep. Tom Price (R-Georgia)
- A Better Way – White paper presented by Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Paul Ryan
- Patient CARE Act – White paper presented by U.S. Senators Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) and Fred Upton (R-Mich.)
- World’s Greatest Health Plan – Bill presented by Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Texas) and Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-Louisiana)
- American Health Care Reform Act – Bill summary presented by the Republican Study Committee
- 2016 Reconciliation Bill – Bill passed by Congress, vetoed by President Obama
The chart details each proposal’s approach to 16 core issues of federal health care law, including consumer protections, mandates, high-risk pools, medical malpractice/tort reform, Medicaid, government-run marketplaces and health savings accounts (HSAs).
View the document for a full comparative analysis of each proposed health care plan.