Washington D.C. partner Doug Heffner was featured in a Law360 Rainmaker Q&A for his influential work with Drinker Biddle’s Customs and International Trade Team.
Doug’s work includes a broad range of matters for trade associations, government agencies and embassies. He litigates customs and international trade matters including anti-dumping duty, countervailing duty and safeguard cases. He represents foreign companies in Canada, Europe, Japan and Mexico, as well as domestic producers in industries that range from high-tech to heavy industry, to consumer and industrial goods. He also represents trade associations, government agencies and embassies in a broad range of matters.
As a featured rainmaker, Law360 asked Doug a series of five questions.
- What skill was most important for you in becoming a rainmaker?
- How do you prepare a pitch for a potential new client?
- Share an example of a time when landing a client was especially difficult, and how you handled it.
- What should aspiring rainmakers focus on when beginning their law careers?
- What’s the most challenging aspect of remaining a rainmaker?
Below is the link to the full article in Law360.