One of the best ways to build effective narratives at deposition or trial is through the cross-examination of witnesses. In this presentation by John Ursu, you will learn nothing about traditional deposition techniques such as the funnel method, exhaustion or how to inquire as to a witness’s employment history. Instead, you will learn how to increase your chances of winning a case in the first five pages of the transcript.
You will learn how to gain agreement with adverse witnesses on the common-sense principles that can defeat their claims. Most fundamentally, you will learn how to help judges and juries see the case as you do. In short, you will learn to question deductively — from larger principles to the specifics of the case — which can elicit the kind of surprising, insightful testimony that helps deciders decide.
This presentation is designed to help transform your depositions from a forced march through the documents into a bracing, vigorous encounter with core issues of the case. It is designed for attorneys at every stage of practice. Comments from previous attendees have included:
- “Superb presentation. One of the best I have ever seen. Fabulous PowerPoint. Universal themes; yet very practical.”
- “Great presenter, helpful tips + real life practice. . . . Gave advice that is helpful to people at all stages.”
- “EXCELLENT Speaker! Thought provoking.”
- “One of the best presentations I have seen yet.”
- “Mr. Ursu blew my mind. . . . absolutely incredible.”
*The comments of others regarding our work, set forth above, do not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter.