Speaking Engagement Recap
November 10, 2022
Taking The Lead 2022: Winning Strategies And Techniques For Commercial Cases
New York State Bar Association CLE Programs
Faegre Drinker partners Tracey Salmon-Smith and Jamie L. Helman will participate in the re-enactment of a civil trial and demonstrate different methods commercial litigators can employ to create compelling opening and closing statements and effective direct and cross-examinations of witnesses. Theses methods will be critiqued by members of the judiciary that include:
- Hon. Shira A. Scheindlin, (ret.)
- Hon. Elizabeth A. Wolford, Chief Judge of the Western District of New York
- Hon. Richard J. Sullivan, 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- Hon. Jennifer G. Schecter, Commercial Division New York County
- Hon. Joel M. Cohen, Commercial Division New York County
After the re-enactment of the civil trial, there will be a ceremony for the Hon. Shira A. Scheindlin Award for Excellence in the Courtroom and the Hon. Judith S. Kaye Commercial and Federal Litigation Scholarship, followed by a reception.
The program is eligible for one CLE skills credit.
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
Daniel Patrick Moynihan United States Courthouse, Ceremonial Courtroom
500 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10007