Our alumni have forged diverse career paths and taken on interesting new adventures and personal challenges. They are thought leaders, industry experts, advisers, mentors, advocates, business executives, elected and appointed officials, and trusted professionals.
We are so proud of the contributions our alumni continue to make to the legal and business communities, grateful for the time they spent with the firm, and honored that so many have stayed in touch with the firm and each other.
Here are the latest news and moves from our alumni community over the past few months.
- Tina Hartley (PR/Corporate/2012) accepted a position with Apple as Senior Legal Counsel of Apple News in their Cupertino, CA, office. Tina’s first day will be September 4.
- Charles Cowan (LDN/Corporate/2015) accepted a role as General Counsel, International Regions, with Acrisure based in Grand Rapids, MI. Charles begins his new role in September.
- Gary Hall (CH/Corporate/1996) was named Chair of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board’s Board of Directors, effective October 1. Gary is currently Senior Managing Director, National Head of Investment Banking and equity partner at Siebert Cisneros Shank & Co., LLC. He has been a member of the governing board of the municipal securities market regulator since 2015 and currently leads its Finance Committee and is a member of the Steering Committee. Gary will be the first African-American to chair the MSRB Board.
- Ed Bryant (CH/Health Care/1967) has been spending most of his time (1) with family, (2) on various board meetings and activities, including Northwestern University organizations, and (3) fishing. Ed has proudly been fishing on 49 days so far in 2018 with lots of opportunities yet to go.
- Tonya Evans (PH/Private Client/1999) became Chair, Intellectual Property & Technology Online Programs at University of New Hampshire School of Law.
- Jay Volk (PH /Corporate/1996) recently joined RevSpring as Vice President of Channel Springs. RevSpring is a leader in revenue cycle and accounts receivable management technologies for collections agencies, credit grantors and health care providers.
- Leslie Lenhardt (PH/Corporate/2005) was promoted to Assistant General Counsel at Johnson Matthey.
- Lisa Whittaker (PH/ IMG/2000) joined Global X Management Company as General Counsel in July 2018.
- Mike Duffy (CH/Products & Mass Tort/1983) retired from Mindcrest and opened his own law practice in Ingleside, IL, the Law Office of Michael Duffy LLC.
- Brian Sgrignoli (PH/Litigation/2005) joined WK Corporate as Deputy Compliance Officer in July 2018.
- U.S. Attorney William M. McSwain (PH/Litigation/2006) was the keynote speaker at The Philadelphia Inquirer Influencers of Law celebration on July 11. The event honored some of Philadelphia's leading lawyers, recognizing their accomplishments in specialized practice as well as civic engagement and community service.
- Nathan Pollard (DC/IP/2011) joined The Pew Charitable Trusts as the company’s head IP counsel.
- Richard Brennan (FP/Litigation/1968) will moderate the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education’s (NJICLE) Wrongful Death seminar on October 19, 2018, and will be a member of the NJICLE civil case law review beginning January 2019.
- Ravi Vohra (NY/Corp. Restructuring/2015) joined McDermott Will & Emery as an Associate in July 2018.
- Doug Murray (CH/Corporate/2005) joined Aronberg Goldgehn in July 2018.
- Andrew Lorin (NY/Insurance/2010) joined Pierce Bainbridge as a partner in July 2018.
- Guilherme Costa (DC/Health Care/2008) was named Vice President and General Counsel at Ithaca College and will begin his new role on September 10.
- Dan Ross (PH/Corporate/1970) closed his law office on June 30 and joined the law firm of Barber Sharpe & Rosenberger in Philadelphia.
- Lee Miller’s (FP/L&E/1994) book “UP Influence Power and the U Perspective - The Art of Getting What You Want” was featured in Forbes on June 26, 2018.
- Andy Greenberg (PH/Corporate/1985) was promoted to Managing Director at TM Capital Corp in June 2018.
- Maria Hermida (FP/Litigation/1990) joined the USAA as Chief Anti-Corruption Officer in June 2018.
- Ron Tanner (PH/Corporate/2013) welcomed a baby girl to his family in June 2018.
- Frank Nardulli (CH/L&E/2011) joined Oasis Financial as Senior Legal Counsel in June 2018.
- Jennifer Green (PH/Litigation/2007) was promoted to Counsel at Novo Nordisk.
- Puja Leekha (CH/Products/2006) joined Lundbeck Pharmaceuticals as Vice President, Chief Compliance Counsel and Corporate Counsel in June 2018.
- Mike Ertle (PH/Litigation/2001) joined Airgas as Associate General Counsel in May 2018.
- Monice Barbero (FP/Health Care/1996) was named Senior Leader of Legal and Government Affairs and General Counsel at MVP Health Care in May 2018.
- Tom Belton (PR/Corporate/1998) joined InnoAccel Solutions as CEO in May 2018.
- Bob Freedman (PH/Real Estate/1995) and his wife, Molly Freedman, were featured in the May/June issue of the Pennsylvania Gazette. The Robert and Molly Freedman Jewish Sound Archive is housed at University of Pennsylvania’s Van Pelt Library. It features some 6,000 Judaic-language recordings.
- Jeewon Kim Serrato (DC/GRA/2006) joined Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP as Partner and Head of Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity, US, in May 2018.
Have you recently changed jobs, been promoted or been honored with an award? Maybe you published a book or other work of authorship, got married or had a child or grandchild?
Share your accomplishments and any professional or personal news with your alumni community by emailing Abby.Raanan@faegredrinker.com. Send us your photos too, or tell us about another alumnus who might have an update to share so that we can contact them.