The Legal asked Pennsylvania law firms to share their biggest deals and best examples of the work that makes clients turn to them. The work submitted by firms was done largely in Pennsylvania and throughout the rest of the country, with some matters taking place overseas. The key for inclusion was that the work was done primarily by Pennsylvania lawyers.
The determination of which firms have the best “General” corporate practices included an examination of each of the following specialties: Bankruptcy/Reorganization, Corporate Governance, Finance/M&A, Intellectual Property and Real Estate.
Recent Corporate Restructuring highlights include:
• The representation of the Indenture Trustee of a bond issue in excess of $1.3 billion in the City of Detroit bankruptcy, the most followed bankruptcy case of 2014.
• The representation of the secured lender in the Oz Gas Co. bankruptcy cases, pending in the Erie, Pennsylvania, Bankruptcy Court.
• The representation of Textron Financial Corporation in the restructuring and receivership proceedings of the Split Rock and Mountain Laurel Resorts, a timeshare resort community located in the Pocono Mountains.
Recent Corporate and Securities highlights include:
• Advising Cott Corporation on the $1.25 billion acquisition of bottled water and coffee distributor DSS Group, Inc. from the New York-based private equity firm Crestview Partners.
• The representation of Transportation Resource Partners (TRP) in the sale of its portfolio company, Commonwealth Laminating and Coating, Inc., a manufacturer of automotive and window film, to Eastman Chemical Company (NYSE: EMN).
• The representation of Enstar Group Limited, a Bermuda-based insurer, and Stone Point Capital, a financial services-focused private equity firm, in the $646 million acquisition of Torus Insurance Holdings Limited, a global specialty insurer.
Read “The Legal Names Best Law Firm Corporate Practices” here.