Faegre Drinker offers a full-service, nationwide practice with expertise in the precise areas and industries that are often the target of state attorneys general as well as federal actions. Our attorneys have defended and advised clients across multiple industries in investigations and actions across the nation in the areas of consumer protection, product liability, antitrust, data privacy, government and regulatory affairs and others. We also proactively help companies develop strategies to avoid becoming the subjects of such investigations. Our deep bench is strengthened by the inclusion of multiple former Deputy and Assistant Attorneys General from Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, New Jersey, and New York.
Our recent representative experience in defending state attorneys general investigations and actions includes:
- Defending various pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in actions alleging unfair and deceptive trade practices;
- Defending a medical product distributor in an action alleging public nuisance and unfair and deceptive trade practices;
- Defending an egg producer for claims involving allegations of price gouging during the pandemic;
- Defending an agribusiness company in actions involving allegations of antitrust violations;
- Defending an automotive company in actions alleging unfair and deceptive trade practices and false advertising claims;
- Defending agribusiness and consumer products companies in actions seeking payment for natural resource damages; and
- Counseling retailers and software companies in responding to information requests to avoid formal action.