Information Technology Transactions
Jeremiah advises on and negotiates transactions involving the acquisition, development and leveraging of information technology assets, including hardware, software and database licensing, outsourcing and cloud-based services arrangements, and system implementation and support agreements.
Information Privacy and Security
A certified information privacy professional and technologist, Jeremiah advises clients on regulations including:
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Program for Online Behavioral Advertising
- European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation and ePrivacy Directive
Jeremiah works with organizations to develop and implement comprehensive privacy/security programs and compliance strategies focused on processing activities, including digital and interest-based advertising, Big Data analytics and profiling, workplace monitoring, internet of things (IoT) device and app deployment, cross-border data transfers, clinical research, and InsurTech and e-commerce initiatives.
Jeremiah manages and counsels on compliance matters associated with data breach response, including planning response strategies, drafting individual and regulator notifications, obtaining credit-monitoring services, and developing breach response policies and media statements.
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany — Visiting Lecturer of Law (Information Privacy), 2014, 2015
In 2004, Jeremiah served as a deputy campaign director to President Barack Obama’s successful U.S. Senate campaign. Jeremiah has a keen interest in technology innovation, global politics, and WWII/Cold War history. Jeremiah is a passionate world traveler, having explored most of Western/Central/Eastern Europe, Russia/Eurasia, China, Japan, South America and Southeast Asia.