Sarah counsels business clients on employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and labor certifications filed before the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
Sarah manages immigration matters for clients ranging from small public and private companies to Fortune 500 multinational corporations in the health care, insurance, information technology, engineering, high tech, education and manufacturing industries. She assists in advancing Faegre Drinkers' technology initiatives and ongoing process improvements to better serve the firm's immigration and global mobility clients, including the implementation of Six Sigma practices.
Sarah handles inbound U.S. employment-based immigration matters, including:
- Preparing all types of petitions for temporary work visas, including H-1Bs, TNs, H-3s, L-1s and E-3s
- Assisting with filing and renewal of L-1 blanket petitions and advising on the L-1 blanket process at U.S. consulates
- Preparing multinational manager immigrant visa petitions
- Preparing applications for permanent residence, including PERM applications, immigrant visa petitions, adjustment of status applications, and applications for advance parole and employment authorization
- Advising on visa-related issues with U.S. consular officials and admissibility matters with USCBP officers at border ports of entry
Sarah counsels management, HR and employees on issues including:
- Developing immigration-related policies and procedures that outline company commitments and expectations for foreign national employees
- Guiding employers through the PERM process and developing best practices for compliance
- Advising employers on compliance with state and federal laws related to I-9s
- Advising employers and foreign national employees on travel-related issues, including consular processing and admissibility