The Immigration and Global Mobility team at Faegre Baker Daniels is delighted to invite you to a free webinar on “PERM Labor Certification Applications – Helping Employers Understand a Key Part of the Green Card Process.” This webinar is a 60-minute informal session where our speakers will provide information on all aspects of the PERM labor certification process with the Department of Labor. Please join us as we discuss the following PERM-related topics and more:
- Drafting a persuasive PERM job description
- Analyzing education, experience and special requirements, including when work experience at the sponsoring employer can be used
- Travel, home office and third party work site considerations
- Prevailing wage considerations, including SOC codes, current processing times with DOL and the new FLAG system
- Confirmation of employment letters and affidavits for prior work experience
- PERM recruitment (mandatory and optional), including use of outside agencies
- Completing recruitment reports and related issues that arise during the PERM process
- Drafting and filing Form 9089 with the DOL
- Impact of layoffs during the PERM process
- Maintaining the PERM recruitment file and other employer reporting obligations
- Processing times
- PERM audits and denials – how to handle
- Additional PERM best practices for employers!
This fast-paced session will discuss the basics of the PERM process, along with hot topics and current processing times with the Department of Labor. Please bring your questions on these important immigration issues.
There is no charge to attend; however, you must register in advance.
An application for standard Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit will be submitted in Colorado, California, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota. An application for Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) credit will also be submitted.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT KELLEY MANN OR CALL +1 317 237 1161.