Faegre Baker Daniels invites second-year law students committed to contributing meaningfully to diversity and inclusion in the legal profession to apply for its 2015 Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship program.
FaegreBD offers up to four Fellowships annually that provide professional experience and mentorship to second-year law students from populations historically underrepresented in the legal profession.
Fellowship awardees will each receive:
- A 10-week paid summer clerkship as a summer associate in the firm’s Chicago, Denver, Des Moines, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Silicon Valley, South Bend or Washington, D.C. office in 2016.
- Formal education, training programs and hands-on legal experience through FaegreBD’s summer program.
- Guidance from a mentor lawyer.
- A $10,000 stipend at the conclusion of the summer associate term.
- Eligibility for consideration for full-time employment as an associate with the firm.
Applicants for the Diversity Fellowship must be enrolled in a J.D. program at an accredited U.S. law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2017.
Candidates must complete the online application, including a cover letter indicating office preference, a resume, a law school transcript, and a two-page personal statement describing how or why they will contribute meaningfully to diversity and inclusion at Faegre Baker Daniels and/or in the legal profession.
The Fellowship program supports Faegre Baker Daniels' ongoing commitment to advancing diversity in the legal profession. FaegreBD invests in recruiting a diverse workforce by supporting pipeline programs, attending multiple diversity job fairs, and conducting on-campus outreach to diverse law student populations. For more information, visit FaegreBD.com/Diversity and FaegreBD.com/Legal-Careers-Summer-Associate-Program.