Mike Rosenbaum counsels clients on the design and implementation of tax-qualified retirement plans, executive compensation plans, health and welfare benefit plans, and benefit arrangements for executives and employees of tax-exempt organizations, health care and traditional for-profit organizations. He works extensively with plan sponsors and their internal investment and administrative committees to ensure that they understand and implement best practices with respect to governance and fiduciary oversight. Mike also counsels clients on the compliance and operational issues associated with such plans.
Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Mike represents clients in the full range of employee benefit and executive/physician compensation matters, including:
- Designing and implementing tax-qualified retirement plans
- Working with retirement plan sponsors and their internal/administrative committees to understand and implement best practices with respect to fiduciary/governance oversight
- Designing, implementing and funding executive compensation plans
- Addressing health and welfare plan design, compliance and operational issues
- Advising clients regarding the classification of workers as independent contractors or employees
- Advising clients regarding the employee benefit arrangements for executives and physicians of tax-exempt organizations.
Mike is a recognized authority on health care executive and provider compensation. He is a co-founder of the HR/Hospital Advisory Board, an invitation-only network of human resources professionals in the health care provider space, which holds regular roundtables to discuss emerging industry trends. He co-hosts Healthcare Executive and Provider Compensation, an annual two-day conference that explores the effectiveness of executive and provider compensation strategies in the rapidly evolving health care marketplace.
Services & Industries
CertificationsRegistered Certified Public Accountant, Illinois
University of Wisconsin Law School
J.D. cum laude (1987)
Michigan State University
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
- HR/Hospital Advisory Board (co-sponsored by Deloitte) — Co-founder; Steering Committee for Development and Sponsorship
- Chambers USA — Illinois, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, 2005-22
- Best Lawyers® — Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2020-23