Commercial Real Estate
Glenn represents major developers and corporations in connection with large-scale, sophisticated development plans, ground leasing, commercial condominium formation and acquisitions in multiple jurisdictions. In his 40-year career, Glenn has helped clients secure the approvals and redevelopment agreements needed to turn big ideas into successful real estate projects. He advises on major projects that require rezoning, variances and complex development approvals, clearing these hurdles in addition to addressing environmental matters, resolving condemnation issues and negotiating public-private partnerships for tax abatement, road improvements, and critical utility expansions.
- Representation of Matrix Development for matters in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In New Jersey, in the development of over 10,000,000 square feet of industrial and distribution center facilities in Robbinsville, Monroe, Burlington, and South Brunswick Townships, New Jersey; and in the acquisition of the Commonwealth Corporate Center, Horsham, Pa., including variances and development of approvals from Horsham Township and Montgomery County; establishment of golf and access easements for an 18-hole Arnold Palmer designed course meandering through and initially under common ownership with the corporate park; implementation of a multimillion-dollar public-private partnership for road improvements; resolution of condemnation issues; addressing environmental matters related to an adjacent U.S. military airport facility.
- Representation of The Hampshire Companies in the acquisition, financing and leasing of several hundred million dollars of industrial, office and retail properties throughout the United States, including a 1,000,000-square-foot mixed-use residential, retail, office, hotel conference center and structure parking complex in Woodbridge at the Metropark Amtrak station; a new retail development project for Dick’s Sporting Goods; building disposition and related residential rezoning for PNC Bank headquarters; rezoning and development approvals for a new 280,000-square-foot headquarters for Realogy Corp.
- Representation of Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC in approvals for a 626,000-square-foot warehouse/office facility.
- Representation of Erickson Living Management in rezonings, use variances and site plan approvals for multiple continuing care retirement communities containing more than 4,000 independent living, assisted living and nursing care units.
- Representation of IDI Gazeley (formerly Industrial Developments International, Inc.) on development projects encompassing some 3,000,000 square feet of industrial facilities.
- Representation of Trammell Crow Company in development projects encompassing more than 10,000,000 square feet of commercial and industrial floor area.
Land Use Litigation and Regulatory Matters
When performing diligence on potential sites to acquire and/or develop, companies trust Glenn to anticipate, audit and, if necessary, litigate regulatory and land use issues. Glenn is highly skilled in regulatory matters, including wetlands issues, Industrial Site Recovery Act (ISRA) compliance, waterfront development, Mt. Laurel housing, and local zoning and planning approvals. He represents clients before the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT), the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP), the Army Corps and other agencies.
- Representation of DP Partners on a 1,000-acre acquisition for industrial and distribution center development in the Pureland Complex, Logan Township, Gloucester County, including addressing wetlands issues, waterfront development permit requirements, and sewer and water infrastructure.
- Representation of Trammell Crow Company in the acquisition and development of Horizon Corporate Center, Mount Laurel Township, Burlington County, including resolution with Army Corps and NJDEP of wetlands issues caused by prior developer, preservation of wetlands exemptions for future development, subdivision and site plan approvals for new office and hotel development, negotiation of NJDOT Developer’s Agreement, creation of park covenants and owners’ association, and negotiation of water and sewer reservation agreement.
- Representation of Erickson Retirement Communities on 2,000-unit Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Tinton Falls, Monmouth County and in Pequannock Township, Morris County, including rezoning, municipal boundary line adjustment/annexation, general development plan approval, site plan approval, resolution of wetlands issues and negotiation of sewer agreements.
- Representation of AES and Competitive Power Ventures in the acquisition, siting and development of gas-fired electric power generation facilities.
Glenn is a two-time silver medalist in the North American Cup Veterans Fencing Championships and has earned countless medals in national, regional and local fencing competitions. He represented the United States in the Veterans World Championships in 2007 in Sydney, Australia, and in 2014 in Hungary.
Services & Industries
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
University of Pennsylvania Law School
Johns Hopkins University
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
- 200 Club — serving police officers, firemen, rescue squad workers and their children
- Bloomfield College Initiative — created program bringing lawyers into the business law classrooms at this minority-serving institution
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- 200 Club of Somerset County — Scholarship Committee
- Chambers USA — New Jersey, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, 2004-22
- Best Lawyers® — Real Estate Law, 2006-23