Throughout her tenure at the firm, Kiera has delivered favorable outcomes for clients of all types. These include:
Briefing and arguing a motion for default judgment in federal court, resulting in entry of default and default judgment.
- Briefing and arguing a motion to quash a nonparty deposition subpoena for a Fortune 500 company, resulting in the federal magistrate judge allowing only one narrowed topic.
- Briefing and arguing a motion to dismiss, which resulted in a complete dismissal of the breach-of-contract action.
- Working as the sole associate on a commercial arbitration matter from the pleading stage through the day before the final hearing, when the client obtained a settlement.
- Managing the document review and production in response to a federal grand jury subpoena requesting a decade of business records, with an ultimate decline to investigate further.
- Obtaining orders for protection for four pro bono clients, including two through evidentiary hearing, and a mutual dismissal of dueling order for protection petitions for a fifth client.
A two-time summer associate with Faegre Baker Daniels (now Faegre Drinker), Kiera rejoined the firm following a legal externship with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Minnesota. During her externship, Kiera’s work included drafting publicly filed briefs, one of which resulted in a successful motion to dismiss a lawsuit against a federal agency. She also assisted with cases involving terrorism, child exploitation and opioid diversion issues.
Kiera then gained experience developing risk management strategies, supporting litigation strategy and constructing defensive themes through a judicial externship with the Hon. Paul A. Magnuson of the U.S. District Court of Minnesota, as well as through legal internships with Hormel Foods and Target.