Acquisitions and Dispositions
Walter represents buyers and sellers in mergers, strategic acquisitions and dispositions. He counsels clients on single and multiple-asset acquisitions and represents private equity investors in strategic and financial acquisitions. For example, Walter advised on the purchase of a manufacturer of commercial and architectural acoustic noise control products by a private equity investor.
- Handled the strategic acquisition of an environmental consulting company by a leading international engineering firm
- Represented a public company in the strategic acquisition of a restaurant group
- Counsel an international provider of wireless charging solutions in strategic relationships
- Represented global provider of infrastructure engineering software in multiple strategic acquisitions of software providers
- Represented manufacturer of commercial and architectural acoustic noise control products in sale to a private equity investor
- Handled sale of assets to a strategic purchaser by a provider of litigation support services
- Represented broker-dealer in the acquisition of a financial software provider
Regulatory Compliance and Capital Markets
Walter represents public companies in securities law compliance matters such as short-swing reporting and liability, as well as on filing, general disclosure and regulatory reporting obligations. He also represents corporations, partnerships and investors in private placements of equity, debt and convertible securities.
- Handling general securities compliance matters, including serving on the disclosure committee, for an S&P 500 apparel retailer
- Represented a NYSE-listed supplier of weight and disease management products in securities compliance matters
- Handled exchange of registered debt by a financial services company
- Represented re-refiner of used or waste oil in preferred stock offering to an institutional investor
- Represented lead investor in multiple rounds of private investment in a cloud technology company
- Counseled real estate services start-up in multiple rounds of private investment
Walter counsels clients on corporate governance issues, such as board and committee structures, listing standards, governance policies and takeover defenses. He also is experienced in the formation of partnerships, corporate business structures and limited liability joint ventures.
Walter enjoys cooking, photography and officiating at his daughter’s swim meets.