Corporate and Securities
Strategic buyers, private equity concerns and their portfolio companies seek Matt’s guidance in merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions and strategic initiatives. He also has extensive experience advising IPO-stage and seasoned public companies on capital markets transactions, as well as reporting and disclosure matters related to federal securities laws and NYSE and NASDAQ regulations.
Matt is active in the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), a global network of senior-level dealmakers. He was a member of the inaugural class of ACG University, an in-depth educational and networking program for M&A professionals, and more recently he has served on the faculty.
- Hamilton Lane Incorporated (NASDAQ: HLNE), an alternative investment management firm, in its $200 million initial public offering, multiple follow-on offerings and in ongoing public company compliance and corporate governance matters, as well as strategic investments and joint ventures.
- Primo Water Corporation (NYSE: PRMW) with respect to M&A, capital markets, federal securities law compliance, and strategic and corporate governance matters. In particular, over the last five years Matt has advised Primo, formerly known as Cott Corporation, on acquisition and divestiture transactions ranging from under $50 million to over $1 billion, which have involved, among other things, acquisitions of public targets, carve-out divestitures, the restructuring of a global credit facility, private placements, public offerings and redemptions of debt and equity securities, and extensive international tax structuring.
- A truck leasing and rental company in M&A and joint venture matters, and in the issuance of approximately $10 billion of senior debt in a series of Rule 144A offerings.
- A private equity fund focusing on the transportation sector and its portfolio companies in acquisition and divestiture transactions and other strategic initiatives.
- A number of registered investment advisers in investment company acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
- Several family offices in acquisitions, divestitures and investment transactions.
- The owners of a leading provider of gear-drive systems for the industrial and military marine sectors in the $200 million sale of that business.
- A facilities maintenance provider in a $70 million tuck-in acquisition, including negotiation of a complex earn-out structure.
- The initial public offering of a medical device company focusing on spine surgery.
- Federal securities law compliance and general corporate matters for a NASDAQ-listed alternative energy company.
- U.S. securities law compliance for a dual-listed (NASDAQ and TSX) Canadian medical device manufacturer, including in connection with a going-private transaction.