A significant portion of Charles’ practice involves counseling clients on federal securities laws, including SEC reporting requirements and best practices on governance and compliance issues. Charles has also worked on a number of public and private securities offerings, including follow-on and secondary offerings, private placements of debt and equity securities and at-the-market offerings. These clients operate in a broad range of industries, including pharmaceutical and transportation.
While in law school, Charles served as both an intern and an extern for the Honorable Renee Marie Bumb of the U.S. District Court of New Jersey. He was also a teaching assistant for the Mock Trial team.
Capital Markets and Securities
- Several issuers with respect to SEC reporting compliance obligations, including drafting and reviewing periodic reports and proxy statements, and advising on corporate governance and other strategic matters
- A clinical-stage biotechnology company in a number of registered underwritten offerings of common stock and warrants, including an at-the-market facility
- A truck leasing and rental company in the issuance in excess of $4 billion of senior debt in a series of Rule 144A offerings
Mergers and Acquisitions
- A privately held company developing mobile business applications in its sale to a strategic healthcare technology buyer for $13.5 million
- A large physician practice in its acquisition by a private-equity-backed physician group for $80 million
- An electrical and digital building infrastructure company in its $1.2 billion acquisition of a leading designer and manufacturer of branded AV products for both the consumer and commercial AV markets