Matthew Kilby represents clients in complex commercial disputes in state and federal courts throughout the country, including at trial and arbitration. Matt has in-depth experience with corporate governance and shareholder disputes, fiduciary duty litigation, M&A litigation, securities litigation and trade secret litigation.
Matt has advised on:
- Securities fraud class actions and other fraud claims
- Fiduciary duty litigation involving management and boards of directors
- Transaction-related litigation, including defense of public company boards in shareholder litigation seeking to enjoin transactions, and post-closing disputes
- Trade secret cases
- Breach of contract cases
- Insurance recovery actions
Financial Services Focus
Matt works closely with investment firms and companies across industries.
Matt practiced at the Chicago office of Sidley Austin LLP for seven years prior to joining the firm.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Hon. Frank Magill, 2003-2004
Georgetown University Law Center
J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, The Georgetown Law Journal (executive articles editor) (2003)
Saint John's University
B.A. summa cum laude (2000)
Insights & Events
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2014, 2016, 2019
- Minnesota Super Lawyers -– Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2013-14