Candice is also passionate about the paralegal profession and supporting aspiring paralegals. She is active in mentorship programs for students preparing to become paralegals and regularly engages with students through events at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI).
Candice assists clients and client teams with the following:
- Preparing deeds, promissory notes and contracts, including lease or rental agreements and closing documents.
- Preparing format charter documents for for-profit and nonprofit businesses, including articles, bylaws, operating agreements, meeting minutes, resolutions, stock certificates and stock ledgers.
- Monitoring financial transactions and foreclosures.
- Preparing and filing Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) financing statements, including amendments, assignments, continuations and terminations
- Ordering state- and county-level lien searches
- Preparing lien search summaries
- Preparing and filing Schedules 13D, 13F, 13G and 13H
- Preparing and filing Forms ID, 3, 4, 5, 144 and Form D
- Maintaining and updating Section 16 backers
- Obtaining and updating Edgar Codes for Section 16 filers
Candice previously served as a corporate transactions paralegal at another law firm in Indianapolis. She also served as a paralegal supervisor at a Fortune 100 company where she oversaw operations for the legal team. Candice has five years of experience as a financial analyst.