Justin is also a part of the firm’s asbestos defense team, which represents clients from various industries in cases alleging personal injury from exposure to asbestos-containing products.
While in law school, Justin was a judicial intern to the Honorable Susan D. Wigenton for the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, as well as an extern to Justice Barry T. Albin for the New Jersey Supreme Court. Justin developed his legal reasoning, writing and oral advocacy skills through Seton Hall University School of Law’s Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Board program. He was also a member of the law school’s preeminent Impact Litigation Clinic—which represents indigent clients before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit—and successfully negotiated a favorable settlement for his client with the United States government.
Justin was a summer associate with the firm in 2013. Following graduation from law school, Justin clerked for the Honorable Lisa F. Chrystal for the Superior Court of New Jersey. Prior to law school, Justin participated in Teach for America for four years, teaching inner-city middle school youth in St. Louis, Missouri.
Litigation and Business Disputes
- Represented clients in a broad range of litigation and business disputes.
- Assisted in numerous cases in both federal and state courts and in arbitrations before FINRA.
- Tried a FINRA arbitration on behalf of a brokerage firm to recover the default amount of $202,579 from a loan made to a former broker. The client was awarded the full amount of the loan plus interest of $25,536. In addition, the former broker was ordered to pay the award within 30 days, with the stipulation that if this deadline is not met, interest will accrue on the award at a rate of six percent per annum from the date of the decision until the award is paid in full.
- First-chaired a FINRA arbitration on behalf of a brokerage firm in a matter against a former broker. The company asserted breach of promissory note agreement, and requested principal balance and interest for certain unpaid promissory notes, costs of collection and proceeding-related expenses. Client was awarded compensatory damages and interest, attorneys’ fees and the non-refundable portion of the filing fee.
Trusts and Estates
- Litigates trust and estate disputes in New York Surrogate's Courts and New Jersey Chancery Court, Probate Division
- Litigation experience includes:
- litigation and disputes involving trusts, decedents’ estates and conservatorships
- will and trust contests
- breach of fiduciary duty and removal of fiduciary claims
- demands for accountings; contested guardianships
- interpretation of testamentary instruments, principally representing trust and estate beneficiaries