Christin Jaye Eaton uses strategic insight and translates scientific evidence to shape the defense in drug and medical device product liability cases. She also has represented clients in consumer fraud class actions and environmental liability cases.
Science CounselChristin leads teams to develop winning strategies, tailored to the particular legal, regulatory and scientific issues raised in each case. She seeks dismissal strategies designed to resolve litigation early through Daubert challenges and summary judgment, while always keeping an eye to strong positioning for trial. Christin has served as science counsel on matters involving chlorinated solvents, dietary supplements, hormone therapy and orthopedic implants.
Expert Witness Coordination
Christin identifies and selects expert witnesses, works to develop their opinions and integrate them with the case, and presents their testimony. Informed by their insight, she also seeks to dismantle plaintiff expert testimony, leading to its exclusion, limitation or withdrawal.
Christin has worked with experts across many disciplines, including:
- Biomedical and electrical engineering
- Cardiology, neurology and oncology
- Environmental and organic chemistry
- Epidemiology and statistics
- Risk assessment
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
University of Michigan Law School
J.D. cum laude (1992)
A.B. magna cum laude (1988)
Insights & Events
- Minnesota Courtroom Evidence Deskbook: Admission of Expert Testimony in Federal Court
Co-presenter, Evidence Deskbook Webcast Series, Minnesota CLE, April 2015
- Challenging Expert Evidence in Mass Torts and Class Action Litigation
Co-presenter, ABA Section of Litigation Roundtable, April 2015
- Admission of Expert Testimony in Federal Court
Minnesota State Bar Association CLE, October 2013, with James O'Neal
- Chapter 17 – Admission of Expert Testimony in Federal Court
Co-author, Minnesota Courtroom Evidence Deskbook, 2nd Edition 2013, Minnesota State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education
- Chapter 8 – Expert Evidence in the Eighth Circuit
Co-author, Scientific Evidence Review, Monograph 9, 2013, American Bar Association
Leadership & Community
- Christin has represented relatives seeking custody of minor children they are raising, in many unique and compelling circumstances.
- Feed My Starving Children — Minnesota Council member, 2015-present
- Karen Wyckoff Rein in Sarcoma Foundation — Board member, 2012-14
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020-22
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2013-15, 2018