Clients depend on Liz to serve as their lead counsel for high-stakes matters, including:
- Global consumer product manufacturer defending supply chain, commercial and product liability disputes
- National cosmetic manufacturer defending product liability / personal injury matter
- Global engineering corporation defending premises liability matter
- National flooring manufacturer and retailer defending mass tort class action
Clients also routinely turn to Liz to prepare and present their corporate representatives and medical experts for cross-examination. She has led and defended more than 200 party, fact and expert witness depositions. She capitalizes on her medical knowledge (including neurology, neuropsychology, and physical medicine and rehabilitation) to accurately evaluate and defend against inflated claims, which is essential for early resolution.
- First-chaired trial for leading flooring manufacturer, resulting in defense verdict.
- First-chaired trial for Fortune 100 pharmaceutical manufacturer, resulting in dismissal.
- Second-chaired multiple trials for nationally ranked hospitals and health care providers, resulting in defense verdicts.
- Drafted all briefs and won summary judgment for automotive manufacturer based on “component part supplier” defense.
- Led all depositions and obtained summary judgment for pharmaceutical manufacturer based on “learned intermediary” defense.
- Drafted all briefs and prevailed on appeal in Illinois’ First District involving erroneous admission of records and nonexpert medical testimony.
- Routinely negotiates cost-saving settlements and dismissals around the country for Fortune 100 manufacturing and technology company.
Outside of the courtroom, Liz is committed to mentoring junior attorneys. She volunteers her time to several pro bono initiatives, including Lawyers in the Classroom, a program aimed at developing critical thinking and oral advocacy skills in public school students. Liz also holds several firm leadership positions, such as serving on the Consumer, Automotive and Mechanical Products Leadership Committee and the Women's Committee.