Emily Campbell helps insurers and insurance-related entities stay ahead of and comply with ever-changing regulatory obligations. She advises the insurance industry on state and federal regulatory and transactional matters, counseling insurers, HMOs and related entities across the country. She navigates licensure, compliance and transactional issues on behalf of insurance companies, third-party administrators and pharmacy benefit managers.
General Company ComplianceEmily helps insurance companies, HMOs, third party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers and producers understand and comply with state insurance statutes and regulations, including those related to holding company transactions, contracting issues, regulatory filings and entity changes.
Medicare Secondary Payer ComplianceEmily advises insured and self-insured entities, including clinical-trial sponsors, on their reporting and compliance obligations under Section 111 of the Medicare, Medicaid and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007. She helps clients create and implement internal policies and procedures, provides counsel on general compliance and settlement structure issues and performs audits of Section 111 compliance programs. Emily also provides guidance to clients on a range of other obligations related to the Medicare Secondary Payer Act.
Company FormationEmily forms and obtains licenses for insurance companies, HMOs, third party administrators, pharmacy benefit managers and other insurance-related entities.
Insurance Policy/Contract IssuesEmily drafts, amends and revises insurance policies/contracts on behalf of a variety of clients, including life and health insurers, HMOs, dental insurers, property and casualty insurers, and captive insurers.
TransactionsEmily works on company acquisitions, holding company structure development and transactions, reinsurance agreements, and service agreements.
Producer Licensure and ComplianceEmily helps insurance producers with licensing and compliance issues.
Interaction with RegulatorsEmily works with the Indiana Department of Insurance and state insurance departments across the country on a variety of regulatory and compliance issues.
Insurance Industry MonitoringEmily monitors state and federal legislative and regulatory activity on a variety of insurance issues.
Services & Industries
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law
J.D. cum laude (2008)
B.A. in History, cum laude (2003)
Robert Schuman University
European Union Legal Studies Program (Summer 2006)
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
- Eskenazi Health Medical-Legal Partnership — Pro bono representation in guardianship proceedings and in connection with the preparation of end of life documents
- National Immigration Justice Center Asylum Program — Pro bono representation of asylum applicants
- Putnam County Pro Bono Project (partnership with DePauw University) — Short-term pro bono representation on a variety of legal issues — Program Coordinator, 2017-18
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association — Diversity Job Fair Committee, 2010-12
- Faegre Baker Daniels Women's Forum — Steering Committee, 2010-12
- We the People: The Citizen and Constitution Program — Volunteer
- Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association — Committee Member 2017-18
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2016,18