Shane Anderson is a trial lawyer who advocates for clients facing complex disputes. He litigates product liability matters, including agribusiness, food, biotechnology, toxic torts, mass torts and class actions.
Experienced LitigatorShane is a leader in agribusiness litigation and has represented makers of seed and pesticides, food producers and suppliers, as well as various commercial and consumer product manufacturers. For more than a decade, he has represented a national window manufacturer in numerous product liability and consumer fraud class actions pending in multiple jurisdictions and in multidistrict litigation. Shane has successfully defended clients in wrongful death, personal injury, commercial disputes, crop damage and other matters.
Skilled MediatorWith a background as a mediator for the Minnesota Attorney General's Office, Shane understands what to expect from both parties in a dispute and is skilled in resolving litigation before trial when it’s in the client’s best interest.
Past ExperienceShane previously worked in construction and on the railroad.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Cornell Law School
J.D. cum laude, Dean's List (2006)
B.A. Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude, with honors (2000)
Insights & Events
- Defending Pesticides in Litigation
Co-author, Thomson Reuters, 2008-18
- Managing the First Genetically Engineered Events to Go Off Patent
Moderator, 2016 Food & Agriculture National Conference, Faegre Baker Daniels, Indianapolis, May 2016
- Products Liability Law, Vol. 27, Minnesota Practice Series
Co-author, Thomson Reuters, 2012-13
Leadership & Community
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Seed Trade Association
- CropLife America
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020-22
- Minnesota Super Lawyers — Rising Star, Personal Injury - Products: Defense, 2017
- Faegre Baker Daniels — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2013-18; Baker Benson Pro Bono Award, 2013
- Minnesota State Bar Association — North Star Lawyer Pro Bono Award, 2013-14