Please join Faegre Drinker’s webinar series for a panel discussion of the pandemic’s impact on FDA regulation of personal protective equipment (PPE) and the cross-border movement of these products. Each presenter will capture topical issues and address the most up-to-date regulatory changes and business implications.
The FDA has rapidly developed policies for PPE under the COVID-19 public health emergency. We kick off this series with a comprehensive review of FDA regulation of PPE under its Emergency Use Authorization. Our presenters will also discuss Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) integration of these changes into import and export controls, tariff exemptions, and other restriction guidelines, including export restrictions by Chinese authorities. Learn how this will impact your availability of PPE, supply chain and other business implications.
Topics will include:
- What U.S. Importers Need to Know About China’s Newly Implemented PPE-Related Export Restrictions
- FDA’s Recent Actions to Increase Access to PPE
- CBP’s Role and Advance Planning for Clearing PPE Into the U.S.
- Opportunities for Tariff Exclusions and Deferments
- The Defense Production Act and FEMA’s Control Over U.S. Exports
- U.S. Export Controls and Other Restrictions Pertaining to Donations or Shipments of PPE to Sanctioned Countries
- Which Other Key Trading Partners are Enforcing Restraints or Bans on Exports of PPE
Continuing education credit is not available for the on-demand recording.
QUESTIONS? If you have questions about this webinar, please contact email@example.com or call +1 303 607 3662.