Speaking Engagement Recap
April 09, 2020
Adviser Disclosures and COVID-19
Investment Adviser Association (IAA)
Partners Jeff Blumberg and Jim Lundy presented a webinar for the Investment Adviser Association (IAA) on “Adviser Disclosures and COVID-19” on Thursday, April 9, 2020, at 3:00 ET / 2:00 CT.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, advisers are considering what updates, if any, they should make to their disclosures and communications. Jim and Jeff discussed the types of issues that advisers would want to consider when updating Form ADV, as well as other disclosures and updates to marketing materials and client communications. They addressed matters such as:
- Do current disclosures adequately discuss market disruptions?
- Form ADV: Should you consider adding disclosures for pandemics?
- Updating disclosures on market risk to discuss pandemics generally
- Disclosures related to force majeure issues
- Updates related to firms’ internal operations
- To the extent that fund disclosures discuss percentage of investments in particular categories, what updates may be needed?
- Updating marketing materials to add pandemic risk disclosures
For questions regarding this webinar, please contact the IAA at email@example.com.