The evolving demands of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), Dodd-Frank whistleblower risks, and the recently enacted U.K. Bribery Act combine to create a minefield for companies operating abroad. U.S. multinationals must be proactive and stay current in this area, particularly as higher-risk emerging markets continue to drive international growth. Anti-corruption practitioners from our Minneapolis, Denver and Boulder offices, together with an in-house lawyer who has lived with FCPA issues, will address:
- Enforcement trends and priorities
- Improving and testing the internal controls environment
- Other best practices for compliance, ranging from training to diligence of third party intermediaries, and corruption diligence in the context of M&A and joint venture transactions—all to satisfy the FCPA and the U.K. Bribery Act
- How to respond to allegations of potential wrongdoing
- Board of Directors responsibilities
Plan to attend, have your questions addressed, and learn best practices to incorporate into your global compliance program.
This seminar has been approved for 2 Colorado CLE credits.
To register, please click here.