Zoë Wilhelm advocates for her clients in consumer class actions and commercial litigation in California and in multiple jurisdictions throughout the country. Zoë is a partner liaison to the Associates Committee, a member of the steering committee for Faegre Drinker Women and a former co-leader of the firm’s consumer products and retail industry group.
Zoë defends consumer class actions involving state and federal consumer protection laws such as the Consumer Legal Remedies Act (CLRA), Unfair Competition Law (UCL), False Advertising Law (FAL), California Gift Card Law, California Invasion of Privacy Act (CIPA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Zoë is well-versed in class action procedural issues and works with her clients to develop litigation strategies that incorporate their unique business concerns.
Zoë also defends clients in cases involving accounting and valuation issues, including appraisal, corporate governance, and merger and acquisition litigation. She enjoys spreadsheets and leverages complex facts in her advocacy.
- Successfully defended telecommunications company in a Telephone Consumer Protection Act class action
- Successfully defended car manufacturer in a class action asserting violations of the California Invasion of Privacy Act
- Obtained advantageous class-wide settlement of California Invasion of Privacy Act claims in one of two competing class actions and successfully defended settlement from proposed intervenors
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of pharmaceutical company in an age discrimination case after successfully removing the case to federal court on the basis of fraudulent joinder
- Defended insurance company in class action alleging the insurer improperly charged for workers compensation insurance for independent contractors
Zoë lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two young boys and spends many of her non-working hours playing board games with her older son and pretending to be a Komodo dragon with her younger son.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
University of Pennsylvania Law School
J.D. Journal of Constitutional Law (2009)
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
Co-leader, Retail Industry Group, 2020–2022
Hiring Committee, 2020–present