Andy has long experience in securities-related litigation. He has served as a member of the New York City Bar Association’s Securities Litigation Committee, and represents investment funds seeking to recover on defaulted notes and other investments.
Prior to joining the firm, Andy was an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP, where he represented global financial institutions and corporations in multiple types of litigation, including antitrust and commodity manipulation class-action claims, federal and state securities claims relating to mortgage-backed securities and “naked” short sales, shareholder derivative actions, and claims against financial institutions brought under the Anti-Terrorism Act related to alleged money laundering.
- Represents investment funds in dispute with the Republic of Kazakhstan over a $500 million arbitration award
- Represents investment funds seeking to recover more than $20 million on defaulted notes
- Represents a Fortune 100 company engaged in partnership valuation litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery
- Represented a sophisticated investment fund in a dispute with vendors that is being litigated before the New York Supreme Court
- Successfully tried a three-day bench trial in a dispute over stock-options. Prepaid Ventures, Ltd. v. Hastings, 2020 WL 5644942 (Sup. Ct., N.Y. Cnty. Sept. 22, 2020)
- Obtained injunction for investment advisory firm prohibiting its former employee from competing. Beirne Wealth Consulting Servs., LLC v. Englebert, 2020 WL 506639 (S.D.N.Y. Jan. 30, 2020)
- Represented a national food manufacturing company in business valuation trial in New York Supreme Court
- Successfully obtained a dismissal for a commercial real estate lender in litigation regarding complex loan documents in the New York Supreme Court, which was affirmed on appeal after oral argument. King Penguin Opportunity Fund III, LLC v. Spectrum Group Management LLC, 154084/2018, 2019 N.Y. Slip Op. 31899(U), aff’d 187 A.D. 688 (1st Dep’t 2020)
- Successfully obtained a dismissal for national cable provider in claims brought under New York Consumer Protection laws. Kimso Appartments LLC v. Dish Network Services LLC, 1:16-cv-06834, 2017 WL 8780452 (E.D.N.Y. Dec. 26, 2017)
- Represented a global financial institution in multiple arbitration disputes before FINRA
- Represented biomedical companies dedicated to cancer detection and prevention in breach of contract claims and claims relating to investment disputes
- Represented a global financial institution in contract and securities claims concerning mortgage-backed securities in multiple state and federal courts
- Represented an international hedge fund in multiple litigations concerning a complex investment structure in the Russian markets