Andrew is a member of the New York City Bar Association’s Securities Litigation Committee, which includes plaintiff and defense attorneys, corporate counsel, institutional investors and academics. As a member of the committee, Andrew assists in drafting reports and continuing legal education programs on securities law trends and other topics, as well as participates in public service projects.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew was an associate at an international law firm headquartered in New York City where he represented global financial institutions and corporations in multiple types of litigation, including breach of contract matters, federal and state securities claims relating to mortgage-backed securities and “naked” short sales, shareholder derivative actions, antitrust and commodity manipulation class action claims, employment discrimination actions and claims brought under the Anti-Terrorism Act related to alleged money laundering. Andrew has also conducted internal investigations concerning anti-money laundering practices, suspicious trading and allegations of abuse at a university.
- Represents a Fortune 100 company engaged in partnership valuation litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery
- Represents a sophisticated investment fund in a dispute with vendors that is being litigated before the New York Supreme Court
- Represented a national food manufacturing company in business valuation trial in New York Supreme Court
- Successfully obtained a dismissal for a commercial real estate lender in litigation regarding complex loan documents in the New York Supreme Court. King Penguin Opportunity Fund III, LLC v. Spectrum Group Management LLC, 154084/2018, 2019 N.Y. Slip Op. 31899(U)
- Successfully obtained a dismissal for national cable provider in claims brought under New York Consumer Protection laws. Kimso Appartments LLC v. Dish Network Services LLC, 1:16-cv-06834, 2017 WL 8780452 (E.D.N.Y. Dec. 26, 2017)
- Represented a global financial institution in multiple arbitration disputes before FINRA
- Represented biomedical companies dedicated to cancer detection and prevention in breach of contract claims and claims relating to investment disputes
- Represented a global financial institution in contract and securities claims concerning mortgage-backed securities in multiple state and federal courts
- Represented an international hedge fund in multiple litigations concerning a complex investment structure in the Russian markets