Adam Schlosser counsels clients on a multitude of intellectual property issues, including assessing validity and infringement of utility and design patents, forming right-to-use opinions, conducting due diligence as part of corporate transactions, and evaluating licensing opportunities.
Adam’s clients range from small start-up companies consisting of a few employees to large corporations with a presence throughout the world.
Adam works closely with management teams and in-house counsel to help them develop internal processes that promote innovation, incentivize invention disclosures and strategically build robust IP portfolios. He also has extensive experience preparing and prosecuting domestic and international patent applications in a variety of electrical and mechanical technologies.
Prior to joining the firm, Adam was an electrical engineering patent associate at a boutique intellectual property firm.
In his spare time, Adam enjoys spending time outdoors and entertaining his kids.
Services & Industries
District of Columbia
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals of Maryland
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
District of Columbia Court of Appeals
Temple University Beasley School of Law
J.D. Temple Journal of Science, Technology and Environmental Law - Executive Editor (2009)
University of Pennsylvania
B.S. in Engineering (2005)
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2022
- Active participant in an ongoing effort to reform the criminal justice system in the District of Columbia
- Counseled numerous non-profit organizations dedicated to protecting civil rights and promoting equitable justice
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, Intellectual Property Law Section