Corporate Real Estate
Jerry represents clients in commercial real estate transactions, particularly acquisitions; dispositions; office, industrial and retail leasing; real-estate-secured finance; and joint ventures. He has significant experience representing both landlords and tenants in leasing matters, including anchor tenant, build-to-suit and ground leases.
Real Estate Development
Jerry guides clients through the real estate development process, with an emphasis in the City of Philadelphia, where he has decades of experience representing clients in the permitting process and in proceedings before city agencies and boards handling zoning and other municipal approvals, tax assessment matters and historic designation issues. He also has a strong background in other aspects of real estate development and construction, including the drafting and negotiation of design and construction agreements with architects, engineers, construction managers and general contractors. Jerry has represented clients in major commercial development projects — including office buildings, apartment buildings and shopping centers — from start to finish.
Real Estate and Construction Finance
Jerry represents clients in real-estate-secured finance transactions and, in particular, construction financing. He has represented both lenders and borrowers in a number of construction loans for new mixed-use, residential and industrial projects.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in connection with the sale of 12 regional shopping malls, ranging from 500,000 square feet to 900,000 square feet, located in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Represented a major communications company in connection with its leases for the nationwide rollout of a retail store concept
- Represented a major communications company in connection with leases for office, warehouse and operational space, including a 245,000-square-foot single-tenant office building in Atlanta, Georgia
- Represented a health system in a built-to-suit lease for a 120,000-square-foot single-user medical office building
- Represented a health system in the sale of a multi-building hospital campus in downtown Buffalo, New York
- Represented a developer in its acquisition, development and financing of a mixed-use project that included 195 market rate residential units and street-level retail space in the Old City area of Philadelphia
- Represented a developer in its acquisition of a development site for a proposed mixed-use project containing 500 residential units and retail space in Center City, Philadelphia
- Handled a number of anchor tenant leases for a publicly traded retail REIT, including a 55,000- square-foot building with a national organic supermarket and café, as part of a redevelopment of an existing mall
- Represented an institutional purchaser of a 70-unit apartment building in Philadelphia’s University City area
- Represented the senior debt lender in a $90,000,000 construction financing for a 22-story luxury condominium tower in Center City, Philadelphia
- Represented a privately held national developer of industrial properties in connection with the acquisition, permitting, development and financing of a 255,000-square-foot warehouse and office project in Northeast Philadelphia
- Represented a health system in the acquisition and leasing of several medical office buildings
- Represented a private equity fund manager in connection with the drafting and negotiation of all construction and design agreements for its portfolio of properties, including the construction of a 450,000-square-foot industrial facility in Virginia and a 350-unit multifamily housing project in Pennsylvania
- Represented the purchaser of a 225,000-square-foot retail power center in Northeast Philadelphia