As employees, business leaders and travelers begin to adapt to the U.K.’s post-Brexit immigration system, a strong grasp of the most commonly used visa categories — including new visas established as a result of Brexit — is essential. In this entry of the U.K. Immigration Video Series, Trainee Solicitor Christopher Jefferies provides an overview of the U.K.’s ancestry visa.
In the video, Chris answers the following questions:
- For whom is the ancestry visa suitable?
- What are the main requirements that must be met to apply for an ancestry visa?
- How long does it take to apply for and obtain an ancestry visa?
- What is the validity period of an ancestry visa?
- What happens after the visa is granted?
- Can a person switch to the ancestry visa in the U.K.?